Health, Safety and Environmental Policy Statement
Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) are at the very heart of our business at SOCAR Polymer LLC.
This policy statement demonstrates our commitment in protecting our employees, subcontractors, clients, visitors, local communities, and all those who may be affected by our activities. All SOCAR Polymer employees and contractors have a duty to comply with requirements of this Policy to achieve No Harm to People, No Accidents, and No Damage to the Environment during our operations.
This Policy covers the scope of Polypropylene (PP) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) production.
In order to achieve our goals, we are committed to:
- Prioritizing the establishment of safe and healthy workplace conditions to protect our employees and all others affected by our activities.
- Strictly complying with national HSE and Process Safety laws, regulations, and standards, ensuring all aspects of our operations align with legal requirements while striving to integrate and apply international best practices.
- Striving to align our operations with ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards, demonstrating our commitment to internationally recognized occupational health, safety management practices, and environmental management systems.
- Ensuring our personnel understand HSE and process safety principles and their safety-critical responses by providing necessary internal and external training, including training on the Control of Work system.
- Defining clear roles and responsibilities at all levels of the organization to foster a culture of accountability.
- Promoting a culture of leadership by example, empowering personnel to stop and report any unsafe behaviour or work at any time.
- Properly reporting, recording, investigating all incidents, and sharing lessons learned to prevent recurrence.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Ensuring all lifesaving, firefighting, and safety-critical equipment are regularly monitored, inspected, and maintained as per legal requirements and manufacturers' recommendations.
- Pursuing continuous improvement of our HSE Management System, performance, and culture through structured reviews and engagement with external stakeholders.
- Continually striving to improve HSE performance by establishing clear and measurable targets and objectives, auditing, reviewing, monitoring, and reporting performance.
- Integrating HSE and Process Safety into all business activities and eliminating hazards / reducing risks to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Implementing our Control of Work (COW) system, Permit to Work procedures, and Isolation protocols rigorously to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Applying safety principles during the design phase to anticipate and mitigate potential hazards.
- Minimizing environmental impacts through the promotion of resource conservation, waste reduction, and sustainable practices.
- Reducing environmental pollution in adherence to our Environmental Management Plan.
- Encouraging active employee participation and consultation through regular HSE meetings, behavioural based safety system, shared audit / inspection findings, collective discussions, etc.
To meet these commitments, we will implement our current HSE Management system by continuously reviewing and developing existing procedures, policies, and requirements. We hold SOCAR Polymer Management accountable and responsible to ensure this Policy is implemented and monitored.
As the General Director of SOCAR Polymer LLC, I am responsible for communicating this policy effectively, ensuring its thorough implementation, and regularly assessing its effectiveness.
I hereby declare that adherence to HSE principles is crucial for the continuity and success of our activities, and we will not compromise on these standards within the scope of our operations.
General Director of SOCAR Polymer